In this epic moment of reckoning on systemic racism and during the lead-up to the U.S. presidential election in November, the Kroc Institute seeks to promote and support the voices of a new generation of voters: young people who experience and care about racism, sexism and other forms of prejudice and inequality, and who expect the political leadership of our country to take these issues seriously.
Join us for a virtual conversation on racial justice in relation to the upcoming presidential election, featuring University of Notre Dame students in conversation with political actors.
Student speakers include:
- Kaya Lawrence, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Student Government, University of Notre Dame
- Janeala Morsby, Graduate Student Union, University of Notre Dame
- Mya Perry, Black Lives Matter - South Bend
- Carlondrea (Lala) Petty, Black Student Association, University of Notre Dame
- Naomi Price, Black Law Students Association, The Law School, University of Notre Dame
- Mikaela Murphy, Native American Student Association, University of Notre Dame
Laurie Nathan and Fiana (Syeda) Arbab of the Kroc Institute’s Mediation Program will offer opening and closing remarks.
This event is sponsored by the Mediation Program of the Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies. Additional University of Notre Dame co-sponsors include:
- African Student Association
- Department of Africana Studies
- American Indian Catholic Schools Network
- AnBryce Scholars Initiative
- Ansari Institute for Global Engagement with Religion
- Asian Law Students Association
- Balfour-Hesburgh Scholars Program
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Black Student Association
- Graduate Student Union
- Hispanic Law Student Association
- Keough School of Global Affairs
- Klau Center for Civil and Human Rights
- The Law School
- LGBT Law Forum
- Multicultural Student Programs and Services
- Native American Initiatives
- Native American Student Association
- Notre Dame Learning
- Office of the Provost
- Pulte Institute for Global Development
- Show Some Skin
- South Asian Student Association
- Student Bar Association, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Student Coalition for Immigration Advocacy
- Student Government
- Women's Legal Forum
You can also read statements from our event co-sponsors on racial justice and support for the Black Lives Matter Movement on the Mediation Program website.
Originally published at kroc.nd.edu.