The Ansari Institute cosponsored a flash panel on April 17 that examined the root causes of the shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand in March that killed 50 people and injured 50 more. Panelists discussed the connections between anti-black racism, anti-Muslim hostilities, and antisemitism.
- Lailatul Fitriyah, Ph.D. Candidate in Theology, University of Notre Dame
- Korey Garibaldi, Assistant Professor of American Studies, University of Notre Dame
- Perin Gürel, Assistant Professor of American Studies, University of Notre Dame
- Damon Lynch, Ph.D. Candidate in Sociocultural Anthropology, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Moderator: Atalia Omer, Associate Professor of Religion, Conflict and Peace Studies, Kroc Institute for International Peace Studies, University of Notre Dame